Sunday 24 July 2016

Summer blog #2

What's in my Summer make up bag!


Recently I have been gathering piles of clothes, skincare and make up for my summer holiday in Sorrento, Italy. I love packing because it gets me pumped for the vacation and I always like trying on different outfits and planning what to wear on trips and at night. I am constantly reading blogs and watching Summer related YouTube videos around this time for inspiration therefore I thought I would create a blog on what I'm taking in my make-up bag so you guys can hopefully get inspiration from me. I try not to take too much make up as it can take up alot of room and weight which I'd rather use for clothes. Having said that I like to take a enough so that I can create different looks depending on the occasion. For example taking the 'Two Faced Semi Sweet' would mean you have a variety of colours to choose from and it wouldn't take a lot of room in your make up bag as eyeshadow palettes tend to be slim. I not only like having a variety of eyeshadows to create different looks but having a few lipsticks means you can have a bright and bold lip at night and a nude during the day. I would recommend taking three lipsticks in the colours nude, subtle pink and a bold. This is a good amount to take as it gives you the option of a different style everyday. Also for the lips I'm taking a lip balm. Lip balms are often forgotten as it's not usually a staple in a make up bag however if your travelling to somewhere hot then your lips can dry up really quickly so it's always useful to have a lip balm to hydrate your lips whenever you need to. For the more face products, if you like contour then taking a contour palette would save you more room than taking a single bronzer and highlighter. I would recommend the 'Bourjois bronzer and highlighter'. It's a small choclate scented contour kit perfect for the Summer! For powder I always take transparent because if you're travelling to somewhere hot and where you can tan easily, then you don't want to take a pigmented powder as it could become too light. This also applies with foundation and concealer. I don't normally take these as I don't want to wear too much however if you are taking them then I would advise taking one that is your usual  skin colour and one a bit darker in case you tan. For eyebrows I only have one eyebrow palette and annoyingly it's quite big however it does have a highlighter and tweezers. If you know any good single eyebrow powders then please comment down below. Lastly for the make up I have a mascara. I'm just taking my favourite one at the minute which is the 'Revlon volume+Lenght Magnified' mascara. It is a great one for long lashes and really gives a volume effect. Waterproof mascaras can be very good to take on holiday since you'll be in the pool and it may be hot however mines a normal mascara. To finish I'm just going to names the types of make up brushes that I am taking. I've got eyeshadow brushes, an eyebrow brush, powder brush and a contour brush. These brushes are kept in a seperate case which comes with the 'real techniques core collection kit'. I hope you are inspired and have found this blog useful. If you are going anywhere for the Summer whether it be abroad or a trip to the zoo then I hope you have to a wonderful time!

                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment